Leadership Development Job Description
The Leadership Development Director collaborates with members of the LRAA board and members of the alumni I association to identify opportunities for LRAA to connect and engage in ways that are meaningful and develop core leadership skills.
Ideas of past Leadership Development events include:
- Lunch Learn & Lead Events
- Networking Happy Hours
- Networking activities that facilitate collaboration with like-minded organizations/alumni or affinity groups
- Partnering with existing community awareness groups to further the outreach
- Breakfast engagements with community leaders: Mayor, City Manager, etc.
- Signature Spring Event
- Pre-performance networking reception in partnership with local performing arts
The Leadership Development Director coordinates closely with the Social Events Director in all areas of event planning and excecution including:
- Budget preparation
- Venue selection
- Catering coordination
- Invitation sending/RSVP collecting
- Other items as necessitated by the specific event, including securing sponsorships, covering registration tables, negotiating contracts with speakers/caterers/venue operators and/or handling payment logistics
No prior Leadership Development experience required. However, an understanding of the foundational leadership principles of LRAA and strong attention to detail is beneficial.